Being a member of the Bookies Club has its distinct advantages including a number of social events per year. These usually include 3-4 fully catered race days as well as our end of year Gallopers barefoot bowls day. These events are well attended and we look forward to our upcoming events in 2013. Please refer to our Members’ section for details of our upcoming events (should you have any suggestions for future events, please let a committee member know!).
In addition to the above, the perpetual membership of the BRC has huge benefits which include:
Brisbane Racing Club
- Season access to 48 Saturday/feature race meetings for one member and one member’s guest (guest card is fully transferable*).
- Ten complimentary members’ reserve tickets (restricted single use).
- Membership of the newly-refurbished Gallopers Sports Club.
- Unrestricted use to over 10 members’ bars, restaurants and cafes and enviable grandstand seating with uninterrupted views.
- Special offers to exclusive paid members’ functions such as race day lunches, theatre nights and stud and wine tours.
- Access to members’ car parking (subject to availability).
- 10% discount on venue hire at Eagle Farm or Doomben.
- Access to exclusive members’ early bird offers for Brisbane Racing Carnival hospitality (May and June).
- Reciprocal privileges at major Australian race clubs and letters of introduction to international race clubs.
Located in the Doomben and Eagle Farm racing precinct, the newly refurbished Gallopers Sports Club offers everything you could need from a sports club. Spend the afternoon playing lawn bowls or grab a drink from the infamous Bookie’s Bar! Plenty of seating inside and out and boasts an impressive amount of poker machines!
Members receive discounts and benefits while dining at their restaurant which is open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Queensland Cricketer’s Club
The Queensland Cricketers’ Club is a unique Members Club, situated overlooking the world famous “Gabba” international sporting ground. The Club is the only one of its kind in the world and as such we are exceptionally proud of what has been created.
Having prime position on the famous “Gabba” ground since 1959, the Queensland Cricketers’ Club holds a unique place in history, and continues today to be ‘Australia’s Greatest Stadium Club Experience.’
Members receive special benefits and discounts while dining and are also offered special ticket deals throughout the year. These are usually notified by email from the BRC.
Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron.
Located on Manly Harbour in South Queensland, The Squadron is a premier destination for yachting in Australia. Members receive a number of discounts and benefits as its Boardwalk Café.
The Boardwalk Café is the perfect location to come and relax while enjoying a tantalizing meal both hearty and light. With options available for the health conscious and gluten free the menu can cater for all desires.
Open for lunch and dinner from Wednesday to Sunday, and breakfast again on Saturday and Sunday mornings, the Boardwalk Café is the perfect place to meet with friends, family and colleagues. They can also cater for birthdays, reunions, business meeting s and special events.
Show your member’s card to receive special discounts while dining in their restaurant.